Gone shopping?

Gone shopping?
Or has no new shoes changed our habits?

Wednesday 9 May 2007

I'm using The Secret to get Brad Pitt

Well, not actually me - the woman who wrote this article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/portal/main.jhtml?xml=/portal/2007/05/08/nosplit/ftsecret108.xml

I don't know whether it's symptomatic of our society or whether it's always been the case, but I can't seem to get away from this Loreal-type "you're worth it" culture. It's scary that some make their own lust for 'things', 'success' and 'achievements' such a high priority in their lives. As the author of this article says:

"like most secrets, this one is a bit of a let-down; greed dressed up as spirituality. It assumes that we all deserve to have whatever we want. We don't. I suspect that the biggest secret to happiness is realising that and then getting on with life, whatever it throws at you."

No comments: