Gone shopping?

Gone shopping?
Or has no new shoes changed our habits?

Thursday 19 April 2007

A God For All Seasons...

This is a book I read recently by Sue Haydon-Knowell. It's for Christian women and addresses the different 'seasons' she may experience during her life. It particularly addresses singleness, marriage and motherhood. Now, I am usually very suspicious of books for Christian women, but this has come highly recommended.

Although I don't see exactly eye-to-eye with Sue on issues like male headship and feminist ideas, I found the book really refreshing. She speaks a lot about how we allow our attitudes (good and bad) to influence the way we live in each 'season' of our lives and our relationship with God as a result. She speaks about God's love and acceptance of us just as we are and encourages us to make more time for prayer. Being a person who's completely rubbish at prayer, it really encouraged me to make more of an effort and to think more about the way I pray.

Prayer tips anyone? What do you find helpful?

No comments: