Gone shopping?

Gone shopping?
Or has no new shoes changed our habits?

Tuesday 20 February 2007

Shaving and the first no new shoes competition

Toby, I agree that this blog and project are too girly by far, but what are we to do when so few men join up?! I think we should amend the essentials and non-essentials list a bit to add to the blokiness, but I'm not terribly convinced by the 'golf is an essential' idea.

There are plenty of ways to get exercise for free - a prize to the best idea submitted! (don't expect anything good or expensive).

Also, I have to list shaving as an essential for both boys and girls. Few men are as gifted as Hairy Dave in being able to carry-off a beard. And even fewer women.

2 comments:

Mr John Cooper said...

I'm intreiged by your blog and challenge this time.

I would have to ask why Birthday Presents are on the list. Surley this would be a good time to keep in with the spirit and make something for the person or offer to do something for them (eg bake a cake - redeem this offer when you need to)?

Still deciding what I'm doing for lent.

Regards ever
John

Anna D said...

hi john,

I think the baking a cake idea would work for some people but not others. Despite my best efforts, I am bad at baking, so it would have to be something that might actually be pleasant for the person receiving it!!

On the other hand, I don't want to be stingy with my money in terms of gift-giving (not that I'm particularly generous). I think this project will help me to think more carefully about what I give, what it means and why. I want to give gifts that mean something, rather than feel pressurised to spend a certain amount.

What have you decided to do for lent?